Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dripping in Gold

Amongst all  the silver lovers and platinum dreamers I, myself, am a self-proclaimed gold addict. I must admit this obsession started when my love for vintage clothing started. It was a lazy Sunday at home when I discovered all of my grandmother's jewelry arranged in several dainty boxes throughout the house. As a child she always told me that when she kicked the bucket I could have all her jewelry, but little did I know what kick the bucket meant as a naive little girl. I guess even at that young age she could tell how badly I was intrigued by her jewelry. She was a very poised women with tons and tons of jewelry and I wanted to be just like her when I "grew up". On that random day when I found her many treasures I was luckily at an age to appreciate and treasure every single unique piece I found. So how does this relate to this crazy gold obsession--- as many know most high end vintage jewelry happens to be gold. Because of this I had no choice but to embrace the golden life! Each piece has a story of its own and stands out boldly with no needed addition---Im actually amazed at how bold my grandmother was to pull some of these pieces off back in that time. Im so glad that I have this amazing collection in my possession so I can make sure it gets passed on from generation to generation. Thats my story! Oh how I love the sweet glisten of gold =)

No comments:

Post a Comment